The structure of the course
The foundation ITS model for EMDR is delivered over three 2 Day Events. To reach certification each delegate will need to attend all three modules, access the online resources (after module two), complete three case studies and receive four didactic supervision sessions.
Each module includes theoretical frameworks, practice observations and experiential learning.
We are fully independent from EMDRIA, yet follow the same phases of EMDR. This system is in line with the tri phased model which is considered the gold standard of treatment for Trauma and PTSD. The framework we adhere to is a nationally recognised framework which has 7 themes, which are in line with all our accredited therapeutic qualifications and CPD training. The themes are:
(1) To work safely, legally and ethically as a Trauma-Focused Practitioner.
(2) Critically reflect on the use of Trauma-Focused Therapy for building a Therapeutic relationship.
(3) Integrate and apply a diverse range of inventories for assessment while incorporating neuroscience and trauma-focused systems for effective evidence-based treatment planning.
(4) Use a trauma-focused approach to work with individual clients and meet their needs.
(5) Work with self awareness as a therapist, using a trauma-focused approach.
(6) Use trauma-focused theory, research, techniques coherently within therapy.
(7) Monitor and maintain professional effectiveness while applying Trauma-Focused Therapy.
The cost of the course is £500 per module.
Supervision is £100 per session, and is payable in addition to the course.
We can guarantee you a specialised, professional training with excellent content delivered by people who all share the same vision of providing cutting edge education and skills which empower workers to support the people.